Planning an extraordinary honeymoon trip to Ghana is an excellent choice! Ghana offers a unique blend of culture, history, stunning landscapes, and vibrant cities. Here’s a suggested itinerary for a memorable honeymoon in Ghana:
Duration: 10-14 days
Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Ghana is during the dry season, which typically runs from November to April.
Day 1-2: Arrival in Accra
- Fly into Kotoka International Airport in Accra, Ghana’s capital.
- Check into a romantic boutique hotel or luxury resort in Accra.
- Explore the city, visit the Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum, and enjoy a traditional Ghanaian dinner.
Day 3-4: Cape Coast
- Drive to Cape Coast (about 3-4 hours from Accra).
- Visit the Cape Coast Castle and Elmina Castle, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites with a somber history related to the transatlantic slave trade.
- Relax on the beautiful Cape Coast beaches.
- Stay in a beachfront resort.
Day 5-6: Kakum National Park and Rainforest
- Explore Kakum National Park, famous for its canopy walkway through the rainforest.
- Go on a guided hike to discover the diverse flora and fauna.
- Spend a night in a nearby eco-lodge for a unique rainforest experience.
Day 7-8: Kumasi and Ashanti Region
- Drive to Kumasi, the cultural heart of Ghana (about 4-5 hours).
- Visit the Manhyia Palace Museum, showcasing the rich Ashanti culture.
- Explore the Kejetia Market, one of the largest open-air markets in West Africa.
- Stay in a charming boutique hotel in Kumasi.
Day 9-10: Mole National Park
- Fly to Tamale or drive (about 7-8 hours) to Mole National Park.
- Enjoy a guided safari in the park to spot elephants, antelopes, and various bird species.
- Stay at the Mole National Park Hotel overlooking a watering hole.
Day 11-12: Northern Region and Larabanga
- Visit the ancient mosque of Larabanga, one of the oldest mosques in West Africa.
- Explore the picturesque village of Larabanga and its mystic Mystic Stone.
- Stay in a traditional guesthouse or eco-lodge in the area.
Day 13-14: Return to Accra and Departure
- Return to Accra (either by road or flight).
- Spend your last day in Accra shopping for souvenirs at the Arts Centre and enjoying a romantic dinner.
- Depart from Kotoka International Airport.
- Visit the vibrant markets in Kumasi for unique souvenirs.
- Explore the Volta Region, including Wli Waterfalls and the Tafi Atome Monkey Sanctuary.
- Consider a day trip to Ada Foah for a relaxing beach experience.
Remember to check visa requirements, health precautions, and any travel advisories before your trip. Ghana is a safe and welcoming destination, but it’s always a good idea to stay informed. Enjoy your extraordinary honeymoon in Ghana!